10.03.2008

Mama Voted for Obama!

I stumbled across a new children's book, Mama Voted for Obama! This colorful book of rhythm and rhyme is a fun and easy way to make sure your kids know you made the right choice in 2008!

24 pages 7" by 9" paperback

Here's an excerpt from the author Jeremy Zilber's website: I've been interested in politics ever since I was about 6 years old, when my parents agreed to host a fundraiser for presidential candidate George McGovern. They never told me I should be a Democrat or adopt a specific political ideology, but they explained why they were supporting the Democratic candidate in that election, and I'm grateful they did. My early exposure to partisan politics sparked a lasting interest in political issues and American government, and by the time I entered college, I was already a political activist with very strong political opinions.

After receiving a degree in government from Oberlin College and a Ph.D. in political science from Ohio State University, I spent the next ten years teaching American government and politics. Although I was teaching at some of the country's best colleges, it was apparent that most of my students knew very little about their government or the people who ran it. Sure, they'd all learned a few basic facts in high school, but most didn't really understand how the political system works, or why anyone should really care about it. Even more troubling was the fact that many of them seemed perfectly content (and often determined) to remain as politically uninformed and uninvolved as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment