9.17.2008

Barbara Streisand, She's Like Buttah


From eonline: Not just anyone could get Barbra Streisand to sing at a hotel function. But that’s what Babs did last night at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel for Sen. Barack Obama. Her four-song set was followed by dinner and a reception with the presidential hopeful (with some VIP tickets for the evening going for as much as $28,500) at the nearby Greystone Mansion.
“I woke up this morning with this slogan in my head…‘McCain-Palin: Change,” Streisand said, according to a partygoer. “Change what? From bad to worse?”

Basic tickets for the Streisand performance were $2,500 a pop.

So just how much did the night raise for Obama and the Democratic Party? The grand total was reportedly a whopping $9 million!

“I can’t wait for the morning of Nov. 5 when I wake up and the people who said, ‘Yes we can,’ say, ‘Yes, we did,' ” Streisand said, according to my source.

No comments:

Post a Comment